👋 Hey! I'm Steve Z
I'm a technically-minded, real-time artist who experiments with rendering, abuses variables,
& pushes parameters to make art unique to the videogames medium.
Most at-home when blending mathematics, sculpture, and sheer creative effort.
- 3D Modeling/Sculpting | Blender, Maya, Zbrush, Mudbox
- 3D Graphics Math | linear algebra, vector math, etc
- Shaders | surface & post-process, Shader Forge, Amplify, UE4, Shader Graph
- Console Optimization | Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One
- Allegorithmic Substance Suite
- Unity, Unreal 4
- Look & Style Development
- Documentation | tools, asset use, asset/art pipeline, etc
- 3D Lead, Tech Art, Co-Founder | PolyKnight Games, LLC
Developed & Released: InnerSpace | 4 yrs
- 3D Character Artist, R&D | Brain Performance Institute, Virtual Reality Lab
Interned, then hired as part-time. Employed here while completing my degree | 2 yrs
- 8 Game Jams
- 2018 | Independently developed first commercial title InnerSpace | Simultaneous release across: Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, Linux
- 2018 | Dreamhack Art Gallery | Artwork featured
- 2017 | IndieCade Selection | InnerSpace featured
- 2015 | B.A. in Arts and Technology | The University of Texas at Dallas
- 2014-18 | Work featured in digital & physical publications | Edge Magazine #278, Eurogamer, IGN, Kotaku, Playstation Blog, PC Gamer, Xbox Wire, Dallas Morning News, more...
- 2014 | Managed a successfully funded Kickstarter campaign | Campaign page